The Policy describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the rights of and choices available to individuals regarding our use of their information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices and to exercise your rights. Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements. This Policy should be read in conjunction with our Data Retention Schedule and Cookies Policy.
What personal data we collect
We collect personal information about you in various ways, such as through our website, through job boards and social media channels; at our events and through phone and emails; through job applications and in connection with in-person recruitment; and in connection with our interactions with clients and vendors. We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address and telephone number and any other data contained in your CV);
- Username and password when you register on our websites;
- Information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact;
- Other information you may provide to us, such as in surveys or through the “Contact Us” feature on our websites.
- In addition, if you are a job candidate and you apply for a position or create an account to apply for a position, we may collect the following types of personal information:
- Employment and education history; Language proficiencies and other work-related skills;
- Eligibility to work documentation such as Passport (details or copies) or equivalent and/or visa documentation;
- Personal data such as date of birth and gender; Bank payment details and tax-related information;
- Disabilities and health-related information (if applicable to the job position);
- Results of drug and alcohol tests, DBS and other applicable background checks;
- Information provided by references;
- and Any other information contained in your C.V. regarding your career interests.
In addition, we may collect information you provide to us about other individuals, such as information related to emergency contacts.
Information collected by automated means
Our websites are hosted by Dinahosting (web hosting provider), a company that also complies with the GDPR. When you visit our websites, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web server logs. The information we may collect in this manner includes IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our websites, dates and times of visits to our websites and other usage statistics. A “cookie” is a file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Through these automated collection methods, we may obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of the links and other content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website.
As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. We link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our websites. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting personal information using cookies or similar automated means.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our websites, such as social media sharing tools, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is collected directly by the providers of the features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers. Subject to applicable law, Teleconsult S.L. is not responsible for these providers’ information practices.
Why and how we use the information we collect
We use the information described above to perform the following activities:
- Providing workforce solutions and connecting people to work;
- Creating and managing online accounts;
- Processing payments; Managing our client and vendor relationships;
- Sending promotional materials, alerts regarding available positions and other communications;
- Communicating about, and administering participation in, special events, promotions, programs, offers, surveys, contests and market research;
- Responding to individuals’ inquiries;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing, enhancing, analysing and improving our services; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Protecting against, identifying and seeking to prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- and Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our
- Provide you with job opportunities and work;
- Provide HR services to you, including administration of benefit programs, payroll, performance management and disciplinary actions;
- Provide additional services to you, such as training and career transition services;
- Assess your suitability as a job candidate and your associate qualifications for positions;and Perform data analytics, such as (i) analysing our job candidate and associate base; (ii) assessing individual performance and capabilities, including scoring on work-related skills; (iii) identifying skill shortages; (iv) using information to match individuals and potential opportunities, and (v) analysing pipeline data (trends regarding hiring practices).
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at or prior to the time of collection.
In addition, we use information collected through cookies, pixels, web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customising our users’ use of our websites; (ii) delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users use our websites; and (iii) managing our websites and other aspects of our business. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting information using cookies or similar automated means.
We also use third-party analytics services on our websites. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs to help us analyse your use of our websites. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the websites.
Information we share
We do not authorise these third-parties to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We also may share your personal information (i) with our subsidiaries and affiliates; (ii) if you are a job candidate, with clients who may have job opportunities available or interest in placing our job candidates; and (iii) with others with whom we work, such as job placement consultants and subcontractors, to find you a job.
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process; (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials based on a lawful disclosure request; and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganisation, dissolution or liquidation).
Information collected through third-party plug-ins and widgets on the websites (such as information relating to your use of a social media sharing tool) is collected directly by the providers of the plug- ins and widgets. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the plug-ins and widgets, and Teleconsult is not responsible for those providers’ information practices.
Lawful basis for processing personal data
We have processes in place to make sure that only those people in our organisation and/or relevant third parties who need to access your data, can do so. A number of data elements are collected for multiple purposes.
Please refer to our Data Retention Policy for more details on why we collect your data, what we collect, who has authority over this data, the lawful basis of retention and the retention period for such data.
Please note that when we process on the lawful basis of legitimate interest, we apply the following test to determine whether it is appropriate:
- The purpose test – is there a legitimate interest behind the processing?
- Necessity test – is the processing necessary for that purpose?
- Balancing test – is the legitimate interest overridden, or not, by the individual’s interests, rights or freedoms?
Your rights and choices
Please note that you must supply appropriate evidence of your identity for exercising your rights; for non special category personal data we will accept a message from the email address we are using for regular communication with you. For requests related to medical information we will have to confirm your ID by means of a clear copy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank. Further detailed instructions will be provided if needed. What do your rights involve?
Right to access
You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but please note that additional copies or any manifestly unfounded requests may be subject to a reasonable fee.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
Right to Erasure
In some circumstances you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay. Those circumstances include: you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; the processing is for direct marketing purposes. However, there are certain general exclusions of the right to erasure. Those general exclusions include where processing is necessary: for compliance with a legal obligation; or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to Restrict Processing
In some circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Those circumstances are: you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
Right to Object to Processing
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for: the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to Data Portability
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes on grounds relating to your particular situation, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest. To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is consent, and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
Right to Complain
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
Right to Withdraw
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
How We Protect Personal Information
For significant changes, we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on our websites indicating at the top of the Policy when it was most recently updated.
Teleconsult data protection officer is :
Mrs Natascha Smits
Parkstraat 83 2514 JG